Support Officer - ICT Practitioner SIFA Level 4
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/09/2019 23:59
£32,029 - £35,934
The Council Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate. For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Working as part of a small team the role provides high quality ICT support to schools in Northumberland on behalf of Northumberland CC Information Services. The post holder will report to the Schools Team Leader.
Northumberland County Council are looking for a motivated, highly skilled individual with a broad knowledge base to support IT services within Northumberland schools. The role will involve travelling to customer sites within Northumberland to perform regular hardware / network upkeep and troubleshooting problems.
Applicants should possess exemplary communication skills and be comfortable working on their own or as part of a team.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £32,029 - £35,934 (Band 8)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements aligned with the service provision
- Continuous on the job training with the opportunity to undertake formal qualifications where appropriate
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to make complex IT issues understandable to a lay person
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows Server and client operating systems
- In depth understanding of DHCP, DNS and other network concepts
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding in the education sector
For more information on this post, please see the attached job description and for further information about this vacancy, please contact Allan Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an informal discussion.
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; if Trans applicants have any concerns regarding the process please contact Claire Coe (Trans HR Support Officer) on 07775026871 or email@example.com.
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please contact Jordan Liddell on 01670 623127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.