Casual / Seasonal / Bank / Permanently Variable hours
As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Concordia Leisure Centre
Activities Assistants - Concordia Leisure Centre
Expression of interests are being welcomed for an Activities Assistant to work at Concordia Leisure Centre.
Salary - Band 2 (£8.81 per hour)
Working hours - Casual
Base Location - Concordia Leisure Centre
Please send EOI’s to Amanda Carr at acarr@activenorthumberland,org.uk by 22nd September 2019.
For an informal chat about the role please email or call Amanda on 01670 622198.
About the Role
To assist in the successful running of Softplay and Clip n Climb at Concordia Leisure Centre. To deliver an excellent customer focused session, safely and within time frames. The role includes greeting customers, delivering a safety briefing and harness fitting then ensuring the customers are clipped on and off the climbing walls safely and promptly.
Key Duties and Roles
1. Setting up of all activity areas safely and promptly as directed by the Senior Activities Assistant, ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose.
2. Whilst working on Clip n Climb, ensure all participants are harnessed and clipped correctly and that they are using the facility in a correct and safe manner.
3. Whilst working on Clip n Climb deliver customer inductions in a safe, effective and professional manner.
4. Attend staff training on a monthly basis.
5. Work as part of a team on a Rota basis.
6. Carry out routine cleaning, and maintain equipment to ensure it is safe to use and report any faults.
7. Fulfil your duty of care by ensuring you adhere to all appropriate policies, procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
8. To maintain records as required.
9. Assist with the promotion and marketing of all the activities and facilities the centres have to offer.
10. Monitor admittance to activities to ensure payment has been made at reception.
11. To deal with customer enquiries.
12. To maintain any necessary records
13. To carry out any other relevant duties as determined by the Senior Activities Assistant.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis. .