Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/10/2019 23:59
£21000 - £23000 per annum
Newcastle upon Tyne
Position: Deputy Nursery Manager
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: October 2019
Salary £21000 - £23000
First Class Supply are working with a Childcare Centre based in Newcastle. This very popular Early Years setting is expanding and are looking for a qualified Deputy Nursery to join their team.
Experience as a Deputy Manager is desirable but not essential as this Nursery is provides highly sought after training and will provide a fast track management programme to the post holder.
This Childcare Centre provides nursery provision to children aged 0 5 year old. Children are able to attend the provision from 7.30am to 6.00pm with breakfast, lunch and a teatime snack provided.
Children are encouraged to learn through play and have access to amazing indoor and outdoor facilities. All of their rooms are designed and equipped to develop all areas of childrens learning including music, reading, writing and mark making, role play, construction, painting and creative play.
Duties will include:
- To deputise for the Manager in their absence
- Be aware of safeguarding procedures and legislation and ensure these are implemented within the nursery
- Be aware and implement accident reporting procedures, maintenances fault procedures, fire policy and health and safety policy
- Assist the Manager in providing effective day to day management of the Nursery.
- Assist the Manager in collection, accounting, and banking of monies
- Assist the Manager in planning the training strategy for staff members and students
Successful applicants will be pro-active, enthusiastic, energetic and reliable. You must also possess the following:
- To be responsible for the supervision of staff, identifying their learning needs and provide training
- Assist the Manager, to develop and evolve a annual programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum
- To work alongside the parents/carers of children who have additional needs to achieve full integration within the Nursery.
- Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs of children and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
- Liaise with the Local authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery.
First Class Supply are a genuine independent Employment Business that specialises in the education sector, currently celebrating 15 hugely successful years in educational recruitment. We have an unrivalled, fantastic reputation for delivering an exceptional, personal service to our partner schools, teachers and support staff alike. The first to forge real partnerships with schools, we are proud that our company ethos to support our local community in real ways has proved truly beneficial. As part of our commitment to our teachers and support staff we offer free, ongoing CPD courses, as well as ongoing professional support by in-house educational industry professionals. We lead, where others follow.
- CACHE / NVQ Level 3 or the equivalent in a relevant child care qualification.
- 2 years recent early years management experience.
- Ability to successfully lead a team
- Knowledge of EYFS procedures
- Be flexible and able to use your initiative as well as work as part of a team
First Class Supply have forged strong partnerships with schools in Northumberland, North Tyneside, Newcastle, Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland, Durham and Tees Valley.
If you would like to learn more about us and join the largest independent supply teaching agency in the North East visit our website; www.firstclasssupply.co.uk Alternatively, contact us on 0191 251 5566 to speak to one of our friendly team.
Applicants will attend a face-to-face interview, be expected to undergo reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure (if not currently held).
First Class Supply is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education.
This job is closed for applications.