Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/10/2019 12:00
Schools - Support
VILLA REAL SCHOOL
Required from November 2019
Permanent/12.5 hours per week/ Term time only plus 10 days
The Governors wish to appoint from November 2019 a reliable and enthusiastic cleaner to work as part of an existing cleaning team. They will be committed to maintaining a high standard of cleanliness.
• To clean a designated area of the school as allocated by the Caretaker/Head Teacher. This area may be changed, depending on the needs of the school.
• Cleaning, washing, sweeping and vacuuming in a variety of areas.
• Cleaning of public toilets, corridors etc. including children’s and staff toilets.
• Emptying of litter bins.
• Polishing and dusting of fixtures and fittings.
• Where appropriate use powered equipment.
• To keep appropriate light equipment, machinery and cleaning cupboards in a clean and hygienic condition.
Health & Safety
• To follow Health & Safety codes, Health & Safety Hygiene code / practices in relation to cleaning e.g. C.O.S.H.H., siting of wet floor signs, wearing protective clothing, using approved materials etc. The Caretaker will have a copy of the Health & Safety documents.
• Inform the Caretaker / Head Teacher of damage or defect to the premises / furnishings / machinery, removing or securing items to a safe place / standard until repair or disposal to ensure safe conditions at all times.
• Reporting all accidents to the Head Teacher.
• The cleaning and caretaking staff are expected to provide mutual assistance in the moving of furniture and equipment so as to enable each to carry out their respective duties.
Also, any other duties as the Head Teacher may reasonably request from time to time.
Application forms are available from and returnable to the school.
Closing date for applications: 18th October 2019 at 12 Noon
Interviews: week commencing 4th November 2019
Villa Real is a school for children with severe, profound multiple leaning difficulties, autism and challenging behaviour.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note this job is not open to job share.
VILLA REAL SCHOOL
VILLA REAL ROAD
Tel: 01207 503651
This job is closed for applications.