Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£32,029 - £35,934
Social Care - Children Service
"McDonald House, Berwick"
To carry a workload, in accordance with the experience and capability of the individual social worker. To work under guidance with supervision within relevant current legislation and the procedural framework of Northumberland County Council. To work under guidance collaboratively with children, young people and their families/carers to assess their needs and plan and deliver services in accordance with the social work team’s service area.
Duties and key result areas
1. To work in partnership with children, young people and their families/carers and, through building effective relationships, to elicit their needs and views and promote participation in decision making.
2. To undertake high quality, inclusive and holistic assessments, in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service.
3. To plan, implement and review a range of interventions for service users in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
4. Manage a mixed caseload and use a range of tools, methods and evidence based research to underpin intervention.
5. Make pro-active use of supervision in continued professional development in line with the requirements of the PCF and KSS.
6. Maintain accurate and up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
7. Pro-actively engage with colleagues and a range of organisations to identify, assess, plan for and support the needs of children, young people and families/carers, in order to promote positive change and independence and to prevent harm.
8. Carry out all duties in accordance with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies designed to protect employees and service users from harassment. It is the duty of the post-holder not to act in an oppressive or discriminatory manner towards employees or service users. The post-holder should respond to such practice or behaviour by challenging or reporting it.
9. Meet the requirements of registration with the HCPC in respect of practice standards, conduct and professional development.
10. Any other duties consistent with the, level and grade of the post
This post is permanent for 37 hours per week.
The starting salary is £32029 - 35934.
This role is based in Berwick Upon Tweed.
For more information please see the attached documents
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding the process can be discussed with Claire Coe (Trans HR Support
Officer) on 01670 623 130 or email email@example.com
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the
essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered
in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like
us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please