Apprentice PE Teaching Assistant - Bothal Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/10/2019 09:00
Schools - Support
Bothal Primary School, Wansbeck Road Ashington Northumberland NE63 8HZ
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across the largest county in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
Bothal Primary School is a split site primary school situated in the heart of the Ashington Community. We teach our children to set high expectations for themselves, embracing our values in all they do under the Trust guiding principles of Partnership, Responsibility, Excellence and Opportunity. We are seeking two teaching assistant apprentices! who are both enthusiastic and keen to support children with their learning and development.
The role and essential requirements:
As a PE Apprentice & Support for the Curriculum
• Supporting PE throughout the school
• Helping to deliver lunchtime clubs
• Helping to deliver after school clubs
• Support the preparation of school teams for festivals and competitions
• Taking small groups of children for activity and helping them to understand instructions
• Support the administration of PE and School sport
• Support within other curriculum areas if required
• Maintain sports noticeboard
• Maintain PE equipment cupboard
• To work collaboratively with class teachers
• To maintain the professional conduct expected of a member of school staff and adhere to all school policies at all times
• To undertake the responsibility to safeguard pupils
• Observe and implement all relevant legislative requirements including Health and Safety at Work Act
• To undertake other reasonable tasks requested by the Headteacher
• Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude
We are offering:
Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
Training will be Level 2 Activity Leadership.
For more information on the Councils Apprenticeship opportunities, please click here: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Education/Apprenticeships.aspx
Please note that successful applicants must be able to attend a Gateway session
For any further information, please contact u son 01670 622104 for an informal discussion.
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. If you require any further information on this or for more details working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please contact us on the above number or email us to email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.