Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL ) Leader
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/10/2019 23:59
Schools - Support
Middlestone Moor Primary School
Required from 4th November 2019
Permanent/Part Time/ Term Time only/ 11.30am-1.15pm each day with an extra 1hr 15 mins to be used flexibly to meet the school’s needs each week.
The Head Teacher and Governors seek to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic play leader to join our friendly and hardworking team.
The successful applicant will:
• Lead, support and supervise the promotion of positive and creative play at lunchtime in line with OPAL practice and ethos (Outdoor Play and Learning).
• Lead on the setting up and organisation of equipment and resources for the children to use during playtime.
• Maintain, organise and carry out the replenishment of resources
• Purchase resources as required.
• Seek funding sources.
• Collect resources (eg by contacting supermarkets and businesses, visiting shops for offcut materials etc)
• Supervise pupils in designated areas of the school (including playground or external spaces) during the lunchtime break, including supervision of pupils indoors on wet lunchtimes.
• Attend relevant training as required.
• Support the school’s Behaviour Policy and ensure that it is implemented effectively.
• Support the ethos of play in school according to the school play policy and OPAL.
• Support the school’s Rights Respecting ethos.
• Attend to the health, welfare and safety of the children during lunchtime adhering to the school Health and Safety policy and procedures at all times
This job is not open to job share.
Prospective candidates can visit the school on Friday 4th October @ 12.30pm if they wish.
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Thursday 10th October.
Interviews: Provisional date only of Friday October 18th
Middlestone Moor Primary School 2001
Tel: 01388 816351
This job is closed for applications.