Social Worker - Chester Le Street
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/10/2019 23:59
£27,905 - £31,371 Grade 9 pre progression £32,878 - £36,876 Grade 11 post progression
Social Care - Children Service
Chester-le-Street, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office. Travel to neighbouring local authority areas and further may also be required.
Children and Young People's Services are seeking Social Workers to join our Looked After Team based in the Permanence team 3 in Chester Le Street.
The Looked After Team work with children and young people primarily between the ages of 0 and 18 who are looked after. Young people are most likely to be living with foster carers, but could also be in residential care, or with family and friend carers. The team aims to promote placement stability and education to maximise the life chances of young people.
The permanence team 3 work mostly with children between 0-6 who have a plan of adoption and complete the child’s permanence report in order make positive adoptive matches for children.
This opportunity will be attractive to social workers who want to:
• Form positive long term relationships with young people and their carers
• Undertake planned work, with some requirement to manage unplanned situations
• Work with young people after proceedings have taken place
• Work with children who have a plan of adoption and support them to move to their adoptive placements
If you are interested in the post and would like to find out more, please don’t hesitate to contact Sara Peterson, Team Manager for an informal discussion, Tel: 03000 267302 or e-mail: email@example.com
We are looking for social workers who:
• Are able to build effective relationships with young people and their carers
• Have excellent organisational skills - able to plan their work well and
• manage unplanned work when required
• Have great report writing and analytical skills
• Are resilient
• Are able to travel. This is normally limited to County Durham and neighbouring local authority areas but could be a greater distance.
In return we offer a supportive team environment, excellent professional development, regular supervision and career progression. You can find out more through our social work careers website http://www.durham.gov.uk/socialwork, and in our recruitment pack (attached).
To apply for this post you must:
• Hold a degree or post graduate diploma in social work, or equivalent
social work qualification, for example the Certificate of Qualification in
Social Work (CQSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) or Diploma in
Social Work (DipSW)
• Be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Please note in order to apply for this post you must have completed your AYSE year and have 1 years post qualifying experience in Social Work.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held Week commencing 28th October 2019. Young People’s Panel – To be confirmed
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the Payroll & employee Services Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.