Teacher of Maths - Egglescliffe School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/10/2019 08:30
£23,720 - £39,406 per annum
Hours per week:
Part time (0.2 - 0.8 FTE negotiable)
Schools - Teaching
Temporary -for a minimum of 2 terms with possibility of extension. The successful candidate can start in January 2020 or earlier if possible.
Would you like to progress your career in a school that is one of the highest performing secondary schools and sixth forms in the Tees Valley and North East? Would you like to be part of a school community that not only provides an exceptional educational experience but also has a well renowned supportive pastoral ethos? Would you like to work in a school which has been graded as 'Outstanding' in three consecutive Ofsted inspections? Would you also like to work in a school with fantastic facilities which is located near the picturesque town of Yarm and close to the beautiful Cleveland Hills?
Providing a world class education for all of our learners requires exceptional teaching staff. We invest in our staff with a comprehensive CPD programme ensuring that all of our teaching staff, at all career stages, have the opportunity to grow and develop. We provide a supportive working environment in which our staff flourish so they can deliver excellence. At Vision Learning Academy Trust we want to appoint teachers who are enthusiastic about their key stage/subject, and are as committed as we are, to every child achieving the very best they can.
Egglescliffe is an oversubscribed, successful mixed comprehensive 11 - 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
We seek to appoint a well-qualified, dynamic and inspirational teacher for Mathematics who has high aspirations and the enthusiasm, energy and commitment to work with our successful, supportive Mathematics team. We strive to develop the very best practice in teaching and learning and create inspirational learning experiences for all of our students. The successful candidate would, likewise, be committed to the development of themselves and others.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the passion and enthusiasm to contribute to the development of our innovative and exciting curriculum, striving for outstanding progress at every level. The start date is January 2020 or earlier if possible.
Applications are invited from inspirational teachers who can demonstrate:
- they are enthusiastic and committed teacher with vision, drive and commitment
- a passion for developing student engagement and educational progress
- an innovative approach to teaching and learning and model excellence in the classroom
- they are proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all children make good or better progress
- an ability to motivate and inspire students to achieve their full potential
- have the skills to make a significant impact on raising the quality of teaching and learning
- they are committed to raising achievement and standards
- hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
- have recent experience / knowledge of teaching at Key Stages 3 and 4 Mathematics
- have experience of teaching mathematics to Key Stage 5 is desirable but not essential
What Egglescliffe School can offer you:
- An inclusive, successful and outstanding school
- Friendly, well-motivated and enthusiastic students
- Professional and rewarding opportunities
- An opportunity to work with a collaborative team that is passionate about the progress and development of every student
- A welcoming, warm and supportive staff team
- Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application with a 1500 word covering letter to: Mr S White, Headteacher, Egglescliffe School, Urlay Nook Road, Egglescliffe, Stockton-on- Tees. TS16 0LA or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.30am on the closing date.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview Date: 15/10/19
This job is closed for applications.