Facilities and Estates Manager - George Washington Primary School (Oak Learning Trust)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/10/2019 12:00
£29,636 - £32,878
Schools - Support
George Washington Primary School
Facilities and Estates Manager
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time Working pattern: Monday to Friday (hours to be arranged upon appointment), some out of hours may be needed in emergencies
Grade 7 SCP 26 - 30 (£29,636 - £32,878)
We are a successful primary multi academy trust looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Facilities and Estates Manager, to lead the facilities team at Oak Learning Trust.
The successful candidates will be friendly, committed and able to use their own initiative while leading our facilities team. They will oversee all aspects of building and facilities management to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for pupils, staff and visitors. This is a “hands on” practical role requiring active site work as well as strategic and operational overview. Working with the Trust Business Manager, the successful candidate will have relevant experience in facilities, estates and project management alongside recent experience of managing a diverse team.
They will naturally possess good English and maths skills, be a confident and competent communicator and have a flair for accuracy and attention to detail. With an ability to understand and interpret legislation and statutory requirements, they will ensure the School remains legally compliant with statutory Health and Safety regulations, inspections and maintenance schedules. Possessing excellent communication and effective IT capabilities, they will be able to develop good relations with the staff, pupils and wider school community.
The successful candidates will:
• provide a welcoming environment to all those visiting or contacting our school
• understand the need for flexibility in their role
• be able to work calmly under pressure in a very busy school environment
• possess excellent communication and IT skill
• be solution focussed and proactive in their approach
• be confident, competent and caring in dealing with children and adults
• be committed to their personal and professional development
• be able to manage their own and the trusts workload ensuring a good service is provided to the school
• be able to maintain confidentiality
• be enthusiastic and supportive of the Academy ethos
We can offer:
• Delightful children who are polite, respectful and enjoy school
• A positive, supportive staff team
• A happy and friendly working environment
• Good opportunities for professional development
Application packs can be downloaded from George Washington Primary School website www.gwps.org.uk . Completed applications should be returned to Joanne Hayden (Trust Business Manager) at George Washington Primary School no later than 12 noon on the closing date.
Oak Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Trust safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures. Applicants can view the Trust’s child protection policies via our website.
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
Interviews: 23rd October 2019
This job is closed for applications.