Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Rickleton Primary School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/10/2019 12:00
£23,836 - £26,317
Schools - Support
Rickleton Primary School
Higher Level Teaching Assistant Required As Soon As Possible
Fixed Term until end of August 2020. Term time only - Full time 37 hours per week
Grade 5 (SCP 17-22 £23,836-£26,317) pro rata term time only
Are you a qualified, experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge? Are you dedicated in supporting children’s learning?
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our excellent school. We promote an ethos of learning and achievement for all and are looking for a highly skilled, hard working person who is passionate about teaching and learning.
Purpose of the job:
To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for raising standards of pupils’ achievements under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups or short term for whole classes and monitoring students and assessing, recording and reporting on students’ achievement, progress and development.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of working with children.
• The ability to work as part of a team developing support strategies for children across the school, to remove barriers to learning.
• The ability to be creative and use initiative to engage a child.
• Experience and skills in behaviour management
• The ability to build effective relationships with children and stay calm under pressure or in frustrating situations.
• Experience in communicating effectively with the line manager to provide feedback on successes, areas for development or concerns.
• Strong skills within English and Mathematics
Rickleton Primary School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Safeguarding Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service
Closing date : Tuesday 15th October 2019
Shortlisting : Wednesday 16th October 2019
Interviews : Monday 21st October 2019
Person Specification, job description and application from can be found on the school website or by emailing school email@example.com
Please return completed applications marked for the attention of Mrs J Green
This job is closed for applications.