Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Main/Upper Pay Scale
Schools - Teaching
Harton Academy, South Shields
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS (Temporary)
Main / Upper Pay Scale
Required from January, 2020
NOR 1618, AGE RANGE: 11-18
As an experienced practitioner, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to engage with pupils and communicate a passion for Maths. Your experience will enable you to teach Maths at key stages 3 and 4, and an ability to teach the subject at key stage 5 would be advantageous.
The role is for a temporary period, to the end of the summer term 2020, however there is a possibility it may be made permanent.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy with over 1600 students, which …
• was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
• in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
• achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
• was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
• opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
• prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We also offer many opportunities for interested staff to be involved in Teaching School activities at a number of different levels, including contributing to, and benefitting from, an extensive professional development programme within our alliance of schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available from the academy’s website - https://harton-tc.co.uk/main-school/information/vacancies/maths/ – and should be returned to Harton Academy by 12 noon on Friday 18 October, 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 23 October 2019.
Harton Academy is the Employer.