Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/10/2019 12:00
£18,065 - £18,426 pro rata
Schools - Support
Nettlesworth Primary School
Required as soon as possible
Temporary – End Date: 31 August 2020
Term Time Only/ Part Time/ 25 hours Per week
Nettlesworth Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed Care Assistant. Previous experience working with children, who have medical needs, is essential.
The successful candidate would work with a child who has Worster Drought Syndrome. She has complex medical and care needs and will therefore require a dedicated individual to really get to know her and her needs.
She requires clinical support to manage her fluids, MIC-KEY feeding tube and hypermobility.
We are looking for Care Assistants with at least 6 months previous experience. It would be advantageous if you have complex clinical care experience but not essential as we offer full comprehensive bespoke training for our child’s clinical aspects of care.
She enjoys a variety of sensory activities, music and going out for walks in with the team. This is a personally rewarding role where you can make a real difference to our child’s life.
To succeed you will need to:
-Provide medical support with aspects of self- care, administer feeds/fluids and follow medical plan.
- Ensure pupils maintain high standards of behaviour, reporting any cases of misbehaviour, especially bullying, as appropriate
- Supervision of children in designated areas ensuring good conduct in behaviour in accordance with the schools behaviour policy. .
- Have evidence of care experience
- Have experience of working with children with a range of needs.
- Engage pupils in safe, enjoyable, and creative activities
- Perform basic first aid for minor incidents/accidents
- Maintain accurate and relevant incident/accident records
-To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development.
-Role requires working with a team
-Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
-Provide pastoral care and support to sick and injured children taking appropriate action as necessary ensuring parents and school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents.
-The Post Holder nay undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post
-The Post Holder has common duties and responsibilities in the areas of- Quality Assurance, Communication, Professional Practice, Health and Safety, General Management (where applicable), Financial Management (where applicable), Appraisal, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and Induction.
To apply you will need:
-Willingness to undertake training by complex needs nurse in relation to gastrostomy feeds
- NVQ 2 preferred but not essential
- Compassion, Empathy, Dedication
- Basic safeguarding training or a willingness to undertake the training.
- Fully completed application form and two references.
- Willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS and complete a disqualification by association declaration.
We are a Gold Rights Respecting School and the successful candidate must show understanding of and value highly the rights of children.
At Nettlesworth Primary school we can offer
• An inclusive and supportive professional environment.
• Excellent individual and team professional development opportunities.
• The opportunity to work in a highly successful NACE, Inclusion Quality Mark and Unicef Rights Respecting School, which provides challenge and development for both adults and children.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required’
This is not open to job share.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Application packs are available from and returnable to Mrs P Miller (School Administrator)
For information regarding the post please contact Mrs D Lee
Closing date for applications: 18th October 2019 at 12 Noon
Interviews: 23rd October 2019
Tel: 0191 3710444
Email : email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.