Nursery Nurse - Grangetown Primary School
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/10/2019 17:00
£18,795 - £19,171
Schools - Support
Grangetown Primary School
A fantastic opportunity in our 2 year old Nursery!
Position: Nursery Nurse
Salary: Grade 2, Points 5-6 (£18,795-£19,171) pro-rata (term time only)
Contract Type: Fixed Term until Friday 8 May 2020.
Working Pattern: Part Time, 20 hours per week (8.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. Monday – Friday)
Start date: As soon as possible.
We are seeking a talented, caring and dedicated nursery nurse (or suitably qualified teaching assistant) to join our team, in our ‘Flying Start’ 2 year old provision.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience in working within a Nursery setting and have an appropriate ‘full and relevant qualification for Early Years’ (see relevant qualifications here: www.gov.uk/guidance/early-years-qualifications-finder ).
• Be enthusiastic about working with young children, and able to relate well to staff, parents & children.
• Be a dedicated and hardworking practitioner.
• Have a good understanding of child development and of how young children learn.
• Have good written and oral communication skills.
• Have an ability to work successfully as part of a team.
We can offer:
• A welcoming, friendly and successful school, where the care and happiness of the children is fundamental to all that we do.
• Happy, well-behaved children, who are curious, enthusiastic and keen to learn and explore.
• A warm and friendly staff team, who are highly motivated to secure the best outcomes for the children.
• A supportive Leadership Team and Governing Board.
• Supportive and engaged parents/carers
• A fabulous, purpose-built Nursery, with excellent indoor and outdoor provision.
Visits to the school are very welcome, and can be arranged via the school office. Application packs are available online, or from the school by contacting the school office on 514 0101. Please enclose a ‘letter of application’ with your application form, setting out your reasons for applying and telling us about your experience and suitability for the post. To find out more about our lovely school please visit our website www.grangetown.sunderland.sch.uk.
• Closing Date: Thursday 24th October, 5.00pm
• Shortlisting: Friday 25th October
• Interviews: Week commencing 4th November
Headteacher: Mr Les McAnaney, Grangetown Primary School, Grangetown, Sunderland, SR2 8PX
Tel: 0191 514 0101 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grangetown Primary School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to all aspects of the Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board procedures. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a full DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job is closed for applications.