Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/11/2019 12:00
£39,965 - £45,212
Schools - Teaching
Cockfield Primary School
Deputy Headteacher required for 20th January 2020
Full Time/ Temporary
End date: Until the substantive post holder returns from maternity leave
The governors of Cockfield Primary School are looking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to join our successful and friendly team.
This is a temporary position to cover maternity leave for the current Deputy Headteacher. It is a non - class based position, the successful candidate will cover classes, cover PPA and provide interventions for children.
This provides the ideal opportunity for someone looking to go into Deputy Headship to gain this experience with permission from their Headteacher.
Responsibilities of the role:
Deputise for the headteacher
Assist the headteacher
• to produce and implement the school Improvement Plan adopted by the School Governing Body
• In the identification and delivery of high-quality training and sustained professional development needs of the staff of the school in order to shape the current and future quality of the teaching in light of current curriculum changes;
• In the production, implementation, monitoring and review of policies adopted by the School Governing Body;
• With Acts of Collective worship and school assemblies
• Secure a climate for the exemplary behaviour of pupils
• Be responsible for teaching a class within school and uphold the very high standards of teaching and learning
Cockfield Primary School is a happy, learning community where each individual pupil and member of staff is valued for the contribution they can make to the life of our thriving school.
We are an outstanding school and in 2016 were in the top 2% in the country for attainment in Mathematics. In 2017 we were in the top 1% in the country for our achievement in reading.
Staff work hard to provide the very best for our pupils and in return they receive the support and training to enable them to be the best they can be. If you join our team you can be assured that you will be part of a happy, caring community of staff who put children at the heart of the learning process.
Application forms are available from this website and can be returned to the school.
Closing date for applications: 6TH November 2019 at 12 Noon
Interviews: 12 November 2019
Bishop Auckland, DL13 5EN
Tel: 01388 718263
This job is closed for applications.