Midday Assistant, Level 1
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/11/2019 12:00
N2: £17,711 per annum, pro rata. Actual salary: £2,972 per annum.
Hours per week:
7.5 hours per week.
Schools - Support
Benton Park Primary School, Corchester Walk, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7SS.
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Benton Park Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
7.5 hours per week
Monday - Friday, 12pm - 1.30pm (1 hour 30 minutes per day)
Term time only
To start as soon as possible.
Benton Park Primary School is looking to appoint a Midday Assistant to join our highly motivated lunchtime team. The successful candidate will be a team player who can help make the lunchtime experience fun and enjoyable for children, whilst also ensuring their safety and welfare. Good communication and organisational skills are essential and the use of sign communication approaches such as appropriate (BSL / SSE) is desirable. Additional training would be given to the successful candidate.
• ensuring the lunchtime environment is safe and secure
• helping younger children to eat and use good table manners
• supervising and interacting with pupils on the playground to promote positive play
• first point of contact for hearing impaired children who require help at lunchtime
• liaising with colleagues and acting as the link between the lunchtime team and our Hearing Impaired Team
• reporting accidents and incidents to relevant staff
• maintain discipline according to school policy.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Please contact Mr. Nick Shepherd on 0191 266 5122 if you would like further information.
Closing Date: Friday 15 November at noon (please download the application form and safer recruitment forms to apply for this post – email applications will be accepted) - firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.