Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2019 23:59
£24,799 - £26,999 Annually
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Council’s Highways Asset Management Team.
The purpose of this role is to carry out Highways inspections to identify areas requiring works, liaise with utility companies and members of the public in Highway related matters.
Although previous experience as a Highway Inspector is desirable it is not essential as training will be provided.
You should have approximately 3 years’ experience in the construction industry including an understanding of Highways Maintenance techniques including reinstatements.
You will also have knowledge and experience of Health and Safety working on the Highway.
In return, the rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
• 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexi Time Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Andy Cruddace, Surveying and Streetworks Manager, on 01325 406602.
An online application form and further information are available from www.darlington.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Alternatively, you can contact Xentrall Recruitment Services, Tel: (01642) 526992 or email: email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.