Social Worker (Part time)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£16,014 - £17,967
Social Care - Children Service
"3 Esther Court, Ashington"
Part Time 18.5 hour post Family Placement Service - Social Worker Fostering Team
At Northumberland County Council we are proud of our employees, who are passionate and committed to improving outcomes for our children and young people, ensuring that they feel safe, healthy, happy and ready to learn and achieve. We place children and young people at the heart of all we do and aim to provide a quality service to ensure that children in care get the best possible outcomes. Children thrive in stable and loving families. Sometimes birth parents are unable to care for their children themselves. Getting the best possible care for these children is one of our most important corporate parent responsibilities.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
An opportunity has risen for a part time qualified social worker to join the Fostering Team at the Family Placement Service, working 18.5 hours per week.
We are looking for an experienced social worker with a minimum of one year post qualifying experience in statutory social work. As the supervising social worker you will ensure that children placed with foster carers are safeguarded, and ensure the delivery of assessments meet deadlines as required. You will work with the team to continually develop and improve the quality and efficiency of assessments and make sure that foster carers are given the appropriate training and high level of support. You will be part of a creative, enthusiastic and dynamic Family Placement Service. You will work with other partners and stakeholders to make sure the voice of the child is taken into consideration. As a Service, we will provide you with excellent support and supervision together with genuine opportunities for personal development.
We are offering:
- A competitive salary up to £32,029 full time equivalent (dependent on grade and experience) with a wide range of additional benefits
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Regular supervision
- A supportive environment
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous remuneration package
- Induction, support and mentoring from day one in post
- Flexible working arrangements
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to convey complex messages in a straightforward way, both verbally and in writing.
- You will not be afraid to think creatively to solve problems.
- You will be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of children, young people and families.
- You will always want to hear the young person's voice and ensure that this is taken into account.
- You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances to improve their overall outcomes
- You will understand the importance of performance information and your contribution to maintaining high standards.
- You will have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- You will be able to contribute to the development of the service.
- You will have a sound knowledge base of the Knowledge and Skills Statement for Child and Family Social Work and the application of Professional Capabilities Framework which will be embedded within all elements of your practice.
You must hold a relevant Social Work qualification such as the Social Work Degree, DipSW, CQSW or CSS and be registered with the HCPC. You should also have a minimum of one years post qualifying experience.
Closing date for applications is midnight on 17th November and interviews will be held the week beginning the 25th November 2019.
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding the process can be discussed with Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) on 01670 623 130 or email email@example.com
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
For further information, please contact Christine Logan Team Manager - Family Placement Service on 01670 626262 for an informal discussion and please see the attached job description and person specification
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please contact Catherine Dixon or Gloria Scott on 01670 620258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org