Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/11/2019 12:00
Kyloe House - Morpeth
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here:
Kyloe House School is an inspiring learning environment that provides a caring community where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their goals. Our young people are keen to learn, and want to achieve their best.
The education provision is based within a secure children’s home in Northumberland. The service provides accommodation for 13 young people who are supported by a highly trained, dedicated team of social care
managers, staff and teachers including healthcare practitioners.
As we strengthen our core support team we are looking to appoint a dedicated and caring Higher Level Teaching Assistant. We are looking for an individual who can advance pupils’ learning in a range of classroom settings, including working with individual pupils or groups and whole classes where the assigned teacher is
not present. In liaison with the class teacher, activities will involve planning, preparing and delivering lessons as well as monitoring pupils, assessing, recording and reporting on pupils’ achievement, progress and development.
You will need to be highly motivated to the care and outcomes for young people, have experience of working with children to support their learning and ideally will have HLTA status (or be willing to complete within an agreed timescale).
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £18070
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- An inclusive school where we collaborate share and support each other to make sure all young people achieve their very best.
- Happy, enthusiastic learners who will make you proud to work in education.
- A school with exciting and attractive learning environments.
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, traditional values and a sense of fun.
- Well supported teachers and care staff team who are committed to driving high standards.
- Emotional resilience to work with young people in a secure children’s home.
- Able to meet requirements of CALM
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; if Trans applicants have any concerns regarding the process please contact Rebecca Harding (Trans HR Support Officer) on 07770975678 or email@example.com. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
For further information, please contact Cathryn Hill 01670785900 for an informal discussion.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please
This job is closed for applications.