Teacher of Technology/Art
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Mortimer Community College
MORTIMER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SPECIALIST SCHOOL FOR ARTS AND SPORT
Reading Road, South Shields, NE33 4UG
Teacher of Technology/Art
(Mortimer Community College)
Required as soon as possible, Fixed Term Contract for 12 months with a view to becoming permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking Technology/Art Teacher with the ability to teach a range of specialisms. We currently teach Art, Food, Design Technology and Engineering throughout KS3, GCSE and also offer Level 1/2 qualification at KS4.
We wish to appoint an inspirational Teacher with high aspirations, enthusiasm and a high level of commitment to raising students’ achievements within our Technology Department. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and innovative Teacher who wants to make a real difference.
Can you demonstrate:
• Energy, enthusiasm and vision;
• A commitment to improving the lives of young people;
• A willingness to take risks and support innovation;
• Innovative teaching and a commitment to sharing good practice;
• The ability to make inclusion a reality for all students;
• A willingness to become immersed in professional learning.
If so, Mortimer Community College currently has just the vacancy you are looking for. We can offer:
• A state of the Art building funded under BSF;
• Development of all staff professionally;
• High aspirations and expectations of student achievement;
• Achieving the highest standards in all aspects of our work;
• ICT provision both in the classroom and for professional use;
• Specialist Status for the Arts and Sport.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you require any further information relating to the post. If you would like to visit the school before applying, you would be very welcome, please contact Jackie Hopper on (0191) 456 6511 to arrange this.
Mortimer Community College and South Tyneside Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
For an application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms are to be returned by 12 Noon on
Monday 18 November 2019 to email@example.com or by hard copy to Mr Simon Hignett, Head Teacher, Mortimer Community College, Reading Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE33 4UG.