Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/11/2019 11:32
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
The Environment Bank, York
Full Time (part time considered)
£25,000 PA, Permanent position
Environment Bank is in search of a business manager to join our team and help us as we undergo an excited period of growth.
The Environment Bank are a specialist ecological consultancy and the UK’s leading ex-perts in Biodiversity Net Gain delivery through Habitat Banking. Biodiversity net gain (BNG) is being mandated through the planning system (in the Environment Bill) such that all development will shortly be required to ensure BNG is delivered in order to secure planning permission, and we are now expanding to ready ourselves for this excited period.
The team at the Environment Bank are recognised experts with national profiles and have built the Environment Bank’s reputation for excellence in its field. Working closely with Government and its advisors the Environment Bank brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting/biodiversity net gain to the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of managerial experience. You’ve previously managed day-to-day operational activities, customer services, business development, human resources, and accounting processes.
Ultimately, you’re responsible for continuing the professionalisation of our daily business practices — and supporting a new era of growth at Environment Bank.
• Working with the Managing Director to design and deliver activity for increased business development and growth
• Line manage employee’s and their activities, providing suitable support
• Establish and grow relationships with appropriate partners
• Establish budget parameters and manage the overall P&L
• Develop and maintain a financial accounting systems, including sales and cost fore-casting
• Provide appropriate data analytics of project, business development and staff utili-sation
• Create and maintain rolling sales forecast
• Participate in competitive analysis and pricing strategy development
• Support customer-facing operations, including sales, marketing, and public relations
Skills and Qualifications:
In addition to experience across all areas of the Key Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management, related field- or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years experience as a business manager or relevant managerial role
• Proven experience of sales development
• Strong capabilities with database and information systems software
• Previous data analysis experience
• Proven ability with financial and budgetary processes
If you are interested in this role please send an up to date CV and a supporting statement of not more than 2 pages to email@example.com, if you would like an informal chat about the position with our MD, James Cross, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8th December 2019
This job is closed for applications.