Lead for Education Outcomes
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Inspire to Learn
Due to an internal restructure of our Education Services we currently have an opportunity for a dynamic lead officer to join our service.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to improve outcomes for the children and families in our borough. Our dedicated teams ensure that the child’s voice remains central and interventions are evidence based with a clear focus on safely managing risk.
We are seeking a Lead Professional to:
• Support the Assistant Director to develop a cohesive Service that provides joined up and co-ordinated responses to ensure standards in schools and settings are raised. You will deputise for the Assistant Director as and when required.
• Be a key member of the senior management team, providing clear leadership, direction and management of your staff,
• Ensure that services are delivered efficiently with a continued focus on value for money. You will maximise the benefit for children and young people from the resources available and ensure effective management of a delegated budget.
• Be responsible for driving forward organisational development and change, you will ensure that the Service is able to respond to the changing requirements and the challenges of the internal and external environment.
• Motivate and support a team of professionals to be ambitious on behalf of children and families
• Develop and maintain positive relationships and be visible and accessible to schools, settings, leaders and partners.
Educated to degree level
In Redcar & Cleveland you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work
• A quality framework which supports practice improvement
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check will be sought.
The council is accredited Investors in People at gold level and holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Diane McConnell, Interim Chief Education Officer on 01642 444342
Closing Date – 25 November 2019
Interview Dates: 5 and/or 6 December 2019