Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/11/2019 12:00
Social Care - Children Service
Children and Families Social Care, Families First Service, South Shields
Families First Worker
(Children and Families Social Care, Families First Service, South Shields)
South Tyneside’s Families First Service provides outreach, family work and respite care to children and young people who are at risk of becoming looked after. As a Families First Worker you and your colleagues will be responsible for the delivery of direct work, interventions and practical support to children, young people and families in response to need and in line with the principles of Families First and under direction from the registered manager. The role will support the service to achieve its vision of providing support to children, young people and their families ensuring they can safely remain within their own families and communities where ever this is in their best interests.
• You have a Level 3 (formerly NVQ3) qualification in child care/children and young people or equivalent.
• You have experience of delivering a wide range of solution focused and rights based interventions, health, family based and behavioural interventions.
• You can demonstrate an ability to place the child/young person and family at the centre of all practice and decision making.
• You have experience of direct work with children and young people and their families.
• You are able to undertake shift work across evenings, weekends and bank holidays which will include sleep- in’s.
• Previous experience of working in a children’s residential setting is desirable.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Closing date: Noon, 22 November 2019.
This job is closed for applications.