Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/11/2019 12:00
£26,317 to £31,371 pa depending on experience
Schools - Support
Harton Academy, South Shields
Salary between £26,317 and £31,371 depending on experience
37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year
Managing a small team, you will work with colleagues across the Academy, as well as external contractors, to ensure the site is safe and secure for all those who study and work here and those who visit us. Your experience in understanding and implementing safe methods of working will be key to the role, and it is desirable that you have a recognised health and safety qualification. Although we work with contractors for larger works, for which you will assist in ensuring compliance with safe working practices, you will have hands on experience in some aspects of on-going maintenance.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy with over 1600 students, which …
• was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
• in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
• achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
• was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
• opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
• prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available from the academy’s website https://harton-tc.co.uk/main-school/information/vacancies/site-manager/ – and should be returned to Harton Academy by 12 noon on Friday 22 November, 2019.
Harton Academy is the Employer
This job is closed for applications.