Support Worker - Reablement
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Adult Service
Darlington Borough Council’s ‘In House Reablement Service’ provides short term support for people to regain their independence and skills to enable them to live within their own home.
We are looking to recruit caring, friendly and motivated individuals to provide both personal and practical support assistance to people with a variety of needs. The ability to follow a goal focused support plan, to enable the individual to achieve the best outcomes, is essential.
As a Support Worker you would be joining an enthusiastic and motivated team, keen to continue to build on our success of maximizing independence with individuals.
In return you will receive numerous additional benefits such as:
• Comprehensive Formal Induction Programme including work shadowing
• Competitive holidays
• Uniform and Health & Safety Equipment
• Regular management supervision
• Ongoing training and development
• Travel Expenses paid
• DBS fees paid by Council
• Contracted hours are paid in full
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package
We provide support services 7 days per week, working on a shift / rota basis (shifts include bank holidays and weekends). Working between the hours of 7.30am and 10pm.
Please ensure you refer to the Job Description and please answer the essential and desirable criteria in the Person Specification when completing the Personal Statement on the application form, as this information is used to select candidates for interview.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Peter Fitzpatrick, Team Manager Provider Services, on 01325 406129 or 07943098259.