Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL ) Leader
Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/12/2019 23:59
£18,065 - £18,426 Pro rata
Schools - Support
Middlestone Moor Primary School
Required As soon as possible
Permanent post - term-time only. Hours: 11.30am-1.15pm each day with an extra 1hr 15 mins to be used flexibly to meet the school’s needs each week. – 10 hours per week
The Head Teacher and Governors seek to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic play leader to join our friendly and hardworking team.
The successful applicant will:
• Lead, support and supervise the promotion of positive and creative play at lunchtime in line with OPAL practice and ethos (Outdoor Play and Learning).
• Lead on the setting up and organisation of equipment and resources for the children to use during playtime.
• Maintain, organise and carry out the replenishment of resources
• Purchase resources as required.
• Seek funding sources.
• Collect resources (eg by contacting supermarkets and businesses, visiting shops for offcut materials etc)
• Supervise pupils in designated areas of the school (including playground or external spaces) during the lunchtime break, including supervision of pupils indoors on wet lunchtimes.
• Attend relevant training as required.
• Support the school’s Behaviour Policy and ensure that it is implemented effectively.
• Support the ethos of play in school according to the school play policy and OPAL.
• Support the school’s Rights Respecting ethos.
• Attend to the health, welfare and safety of the children during lunchtime adhering to the school Health and Safety policy and procedures at all times
Own transport is essential to fulfil this role.
Prospective candidates can arrange to visit the school if they wish to see the outdoor facilities or learn more about OPAL.
This job is not open to job share.
Application forms are available from this website and should be returned to the school.
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Thursday 5th December.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th December.
Middlestone Moor Primary School 2001
Tel: 01388 816351
This job is closed for applications.