DBS3765 Social Worker - Fostering Service
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/12/2019 23:59
£26,999 - £34,788 pa
Market Supplement of £2000
Social Care - Children Service
Any location within North Tyneside
ISN’T IT TIME YOU WORKED FOR A ‘GOOD’ EMPLOYER?
North Tyneside Children’s Social Care has been graded Good with Outstanding features by Ofsted. As a consequence, it is one of only fifteen Authorities within the country to be a Department for Education Partner in Practice, tasked with supporting others through sector-led improvement. It has nationally recognised strengths in many areas, not least its use of Signs of Safety informed practice. It is a good authority and also a great place to practice.
So what is different about working for a good authority?
The first difference you will notice in North Tyneside is that we have no Agency staff - all our staff are permanent. We know that the main reason for this is the small size of our teams - we have teams of five or six Social Workers. This means that you will be well supported, with regular Supervision by a knowledgeable Team Manager who knows you and your cases well. Another difference you will notice is the opportunities that you will have to develop to the best of your professional potential including funding to access post-qualifying training, including Practice Educators. Another difference in North Tyneside is we are co-located, with all our main Children’s Social Care Services based alongside each other and our nine Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub partners in a modern office building with on-site parking and catering. You will also notice that our ICT is there to support you to do your job well - we are proud to be in a development partnership with Liquidlogic and every Social Worker is provided with a 2-in-1 Laptop and Smart Phone. Finally, in everything that we do - from Early Help to Leaving Care - we work using the Signs of Safety model of practice. We mean it. We have adopted the approach across all our work, including assessment, planning and review. You will be supported to apply the model effectively and to a high standard. Our children and families deserve no less.
We currently have a vacancy in our Fostering Service. This is an exciting time to join North Tyneside’s Fostering Service as we are introducing our new fostering strategy. Our new strategy places us in an excellent position to lead the way on both foster carer and kinship carer support. We are seeking Social Workers who have the relevant experience, to assess, train and support new and existing carers.
You will have a social work qualification (SW Degree or equivalent) and be registered with the HCPC.
You will have the relevant experience and be able to demonstrate your experience in working with children and families. Successful applicants will be encouraged to make a positive contribution to the development of the Fostering Service in North Tyneside.
The successful candidate will also participate in the out of hours telephone support (via a rota) to foster carers and the Local Authorities Emergency Duty Team for out of hour placement requests.
All posts are subject to a market supplement of £2000 pro rota payable up to 31/03/2021.
We also offer competitive employee benefits including:
• Cycle to work scheme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Sick pay - Up to six months’ sick pay on full salary subject to service
• Up to 28 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays (Employees can request to purchase additional annual leave via a salary sacrifice scheme)
• Flexible Working Scheme
• On-going and developing programme of Health and Wellbeing initiatives (eg. work-based yoga and pilates classes, healthy eating options)
• Discounted membership of fitness and wellbeing centres (a saving of £117.00 per year) including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 2 spas and over 250 classes every week
• Maternity/Adoption leave – Up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice.
• Maternity support/adoption leave – Up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption
• Paternity leave – Up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Additional Holidays, personal Training and Development, public transport season tickets
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
You will be appointed to LG Grade 8 or 9 depending on your qualifications and experience.
LG Grade 8 - £26,999 - £30,507 pa
LG Grade 9 - £31,371 - £34,788 pa
Please contact Jill Dixon/ Carly Brownlee Team Managers Fostering Service 01916432540 for further information.
Please be advised that this position will require an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.