Early Years Practitioner - New Beginnings Nursery (Southwick Community Primary School)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/12/2019 12:00
£18,795 - £19,171
Schools - Support
Southwick Community Primary School/New Beginnings Nursery
Position: Early Years Practitioner
School: New Beginnings Nursery
Address: Shakespeare Street, Southwick, SR5 2JX
Tel: (0191) 5618268
Nursery Manager: Mrs Helen Higgins
Salary: Grade 2
Term time only-37 hours
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational Early Years Practitioner to join our strong and very supportive team.
We are looking for a practitioner who:
• Is an outstanding practitioner.
• Has a good knowledge of the EYFS Foundation Stage.
• Is meticulous in their planning and preparation.
• Can imaginatively adapt and deliver the curriculum to our children.
• Has a good range of delivery skills to be able to cater for a range of children. Is able to use assessment to track and plan for good or better progress in children’s learning.
• Have high expectations of themselves and the children.
• Has a commitment to developing a creative curriculum to enthuse and motivate learners.
• Is passionate about creating a stimulating learning environment where children can grow and flourish.
• Is an excellent team player.
• Is able to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations.
• Has a good and effective range of behavioural management skills.
As a Nursery we can offer you:
• Wonderful and caring children who are welcoming to everyone.
• A committed and dedicated staff that are driven to raising standards.
• A very supportive working environment.
• A nursery that has excellent links with its local community and puts children at the heart of everything.
The post holder must:
• Act in compliance with the data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the council.
• Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to
management of Council records and information.
• Carry out their duties with full regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of
Conduct, Child Protection Policy and all other Council policies.
• Comply with the Council’s Health and safety rules and regulations and Health and Safety
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will
be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms will be available on the school web site:
www.southwickprimary.co.uk or by sending a large stamped addressed envelope
to the School Office. (Please ensure the correct postage is used)
Hard copy version only of the completed forms should be returned to the Head
Visits by appointment only are actively encouraged and can be arranged by
contacting the nursery on 0191 5618268
Closing Date: 6th December 2019
Shortlisting: 6th December 2019
Interview dates to be arranged: W/C 9th December 2019
This job is closed for applications.