Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/12/2019 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Mortimer Community College, South Shields
MORTIMER COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Reading Road South Shields NE33 4UG
SPECIALIST SCHOOL FOR ARTS AND SPORT
Faculty Leader - Maths
UPS3 plus TLR 1b
Required as soon possible
We are looking to appoint a well qualified, experienced and outstanding practitioner (with outstanding subject knowledge) who believes in the highest standard of achievement for all students and who will take the Maths Department outstanding. You will lead and manage our Maths Department and will be committed to student success and be enthusiastic and passionate about innovative teaching and learning, staff development and the development of the subject as a whole. This is an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking and inspirational teacher who wants to make a real difference to young people’s lives.
Can you demonstrate:
• Energy, enthusiasm and vision
• A commitment to improving the lives of young people
• A willingness to take risks and support innovation
• Innovative teaching and a commitment to sharing good practice
• The ability to make inclusion a reality for all students
• A willingness to become immersed in professional learning
• A drive to make the maths department an outstanding one
If so, Mortimer Community College currently has just the vacancy you’re looking for. We are committed to:
• Developing all staff professionally with our superb CPD offer
• Having high aspirations and expectations of student achievement
• Achieving the highest standards in all aspects of our work
• A broad and balanced curriculum, developing all aspects of the child
Mortimer Community College and South Tyneside Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
If you would like to visit the school before applying, you would be very welcome. Please contact Jackie Hopper, Heads PA on (0191) 456 6511.
For an application form please contact email@example.com
or phone (0191) 456 6511.
Completed application forms are to be returned by 12 Noon on Friday 6 December 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy to Mr Simon Hignett, Head Teacher, Mortimer Community College, Reading Road, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE33 4UG.
This job is closed for applications.