Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 09/12/2019 12:00
Scale 10-12 (£20,751 - £21,589)
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Trust Graduate Trainee
Status: Fixed term (2 years)
Hours: 37 hours (whole time/full time)
Salary: Scale 10-12 (£20,751 to £21,589)
Reporting to: Trust Business and Resource Manager
Tees Valley Education Trust is a multi-academy trust, established September 2015. We provide ‘outstanding’ learning environments where our children can achieve excellent outcomes and thereby optimise their life chances and future employability. Well regarded within the local communities we serve, our burgeoning reputation for sustainable success and consistently developing innovative programmes is gaining national recognition.
The Trust wishes to appoint a Trust Graduate Trainee to join the central team. This is a new role, to work with a talented graduate, that will follow either an internal or external programme of learning. Depending on the success of the graduate, the Trust may appoint the graduate permanently. This role will play a fundamental part in the Trusts growth and development.
You will be reporting to the Trust Business and Resource Manager to undertake a range of duties as required by the senior leadership and Trust Board including: governance, financial management, website development, support the trusts growth with technology, deliver effective customer service to external and internal stakeholders and support the delivery of the operational functions within the central business team.
Duties will include:
• Support the Trust Business and Resource Manager with adhering to all governance requirements including maintaining and updating the Trust’s websites
• Support the central finance team
• Support leadership team with developing technologies to further optimise the Trusts operations
• Update and maintain the Trust’s social media accounts
• Ensuring the Trust is compliant with its website and required policies, procedures, strategies and other statutory documents are updated, maintained and accessible to all relevant audiences
• Provide central administrative support to senior leadership team and Trust Board as required
• Support the Trust Office Manager with the programme of outreach school to school support as directed by the Trust Improvement and Development Leader
• Prepare agenda’s and minute relevant meetings as directed
• Booking venues for meetings and travel for senior leadership team
• Liaising directly with the Trust Board members, Trustees and internal and external stakeholders
• Support with hosting external visitors including food preparation and presentation following food hygiene standards
You must have an excellent customer service skills and organisational skills. You will be a qualified at NVQ level 4 or equivalent and have a good understanding of a range of Microsoft Office applications such as word, powerpoint, publisher, excel and outlook. You will have a proven track record with recent relevant experience in a similar role. It would be advantageous if you have experience of working within a multi-academy trust and/or a school improvement service.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a high quality team committed to developing the Trust and educational standards and opportunities for young people both in the local community and nationally. We have an incredibly strong inclusive ethos and are fully committed to your ongoing professional development.
If you wish to apply, then please make sure that you complete a letter of application, showing how you demonstrate all the characteristics in the job description, person specification enclosed with the pack and why you are suitable for the post. Please do not attach a curriculum vitae; we will only consider information completed as part of the application form.
Letters of application must be addressed and submitted to Mrs Emma Chawner, Trust Business and Resource Manager, Tees Valley Education, Fulbeck Road, Middlesbrough TS3 0QS.
If you have any queries about the application process or the position contact Emma Chawner on 01642 221156. Visits to the Trust are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Emma Chawner.
Closing Date: Monday 9 December 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 10 December 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 17 December 2019
This job is closed for applications.