Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Children Service
Children and Families Social Care - South Tyneside
Principal Social Worker
(Children and Families Social Care, South Tyneside)
Would you like to work for a service rated by Osfted as Good with Outstanding features, within a Council recognised by the LGA as high performing”? Would you like to work in an area where coast and country meet, with excellent facilities and transport links where 95% of schools are rated as Good or Outstanding?
We are looking for an outstanding manager who has the commitment and passion to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people are delivered across South Tyneside.
The pace of changes in our Children’s Services continues to proceed rapidly in response to local and national drivers and opportunities. We are also working with North Tyneside Council in a Partners in Practice programme to achieve further improvements on a national platform.
As our Principal Social Worker for Children, you will:
• Lead and oversee excellent social work practice, ensuring it is the best it can be, identifying along with the Senior Management Team, key areas for improvement in our strive to offer a consistent outstanding service to our children and young people.
• Support and develop arrangements for excellent practice across all service areas that impact upon our children and young people.
• Have a key role in developing the practice and the practice methodology that underpins direct work with children and families.
• Communicate directly and effectively with our social workers and other colleagues.
• Manage and contribute the service practice learning arrangements for social work students from various training models, communicating effectively with our partner to ensure learning opportunities are maximised and beneficial to future social workers and the organisation.
• Explore and develop learning and development to existing staff to ensure effective retention and progression within the local authority.
• Support our front line managers to develop practice within their individuals, team and service areas alongside the partnership.
You will be comfortable taking decisions on behalf of the organisation, be able to influence strategic decision making within the service and across the wider children’s services community and ensure the service is fulfilling all of its statutory functions.
If you would like to know more about this exciting post then please contact, Shona Gallagher, Head of Children’s and Families Social Care on (0191) 424 4667.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email email@example.com or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Closing date: Noon, 13 December 2019.