Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 9 (pre-progression) £27,905 - £31,371 / Grade 11 (post progression) £32,878 - £36,876
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Children and Young Peoples Services – Childrens Disabilities Team
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/19/316a
Salary: Grade 9 (pre-progression) £27,905 - £31,371 / Grade 11 (post progression) £32,878 - £36,876
Contract Type: Permanent
Work Pattern: Full-time
Job Location: An approved team location, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
We are seeking a Social Worker who has completed their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment to join our Children with Disabilities 0-18 Team.
In our Children with Disabilities 0-18 Team you will work with our most vulnerable children and families. Your expertise will support families, help keep children safe and enable them both to thrive.
Our children with additional needs tell us that they want you to:
• Be committed
• Be approachable and easy to talk to
• Listen and make changes
• Be open minded
• Be open, honest and trustworthy
• Keep in touch
• Give reliable feedback
• Be flexible
• Show respect
• Be organised
Our Children with Disabilities 0-18 Team is a statutory team responsible for children with additional needs from the point of referral to the point of permanence. In the team you will assess risk and implement care plans for children deemed to be in need of Level 4 Services on the Durham Staircase of Need. You will complete single assessments, work with children on a Children in Need basis, undertake Child Protection Work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law.
The following principles will guide your work:
• Ensuring the child is central to your work (see the attached document for more about what our children and young people want).
• Providing help at the earliest opportunity.
• Supporting and promoting community resilience through the provision of locally delivered services in local communities which make sense to families.
• Delivering evidence-based interventions with a focus on safe escalation and de-escalation of cases.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you are a newly qualified social worker completing your assessed and supported year in employment with the support of our Social Work Academy, or a more experienced social worker/senior social worker looking to broaden your experience or step into management.
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which takes pride in, and actively celebrates social work.
You will be joining us as we embed Signs of Safety as our model of practice, and after our implementation of LiquidLogic as our case recording system.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Linda Spence, Team Manager on 03000 260068 or email Linda.Spence@durham.gov.uk
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current HCPC Registration.
Please note the successful candidate must have completed their ASYE and have 1 years post qualifying experience in Social Work.
The successful applicants for these posts will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on week commencing 13th January 2020.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact Payroll and Employee Services on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.