Higher Level Teaching Assistant -The Link School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/12/2019 12:00
£23,836 - £26,317 pro rata
Schools - Support
The Link School
Link School, Sunderland Headteacher: Mrs Donna Walker BSc (Hons)
Springwell Dene, Swindon Road, Sunderland SR3 4EE
Tel: 0191 561 5777
Pallion Centre, Waverley Terrace, Sunderland SR4 6TA
Tel: 0191 561 4777
Children often display inappropriate behavioural difficulties for a variety of reasons. Behavioural difficulties do not necessarily mean that a child or young person has a possible mental health problem or a special educational need (SEN). Negative experiences or distressing life events can affect mental health in a way that brings about temporary change in a person’s behaviour. A pupil that experiences frequent and persistent difficulties with behaviour, emotional and social difficulties can significantly affect their learning experience and that of their peers.
To support children and schools in Sunderland, Together for Children (TFC) have introduced assessment hubs and alternative provision that may support during an assessment process or during a young person’s current circumstances.
The Link School is recognised nationally as one of the leading schools in Alternative Provision.
It supports the diverse needs of young people in Sunderland many of whom are extremely vulnerable and challenging. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified member of staff who has the commitment to improve the academic outcomes of our young learners, as well as seeking to support them in understanding their own emotions and consequences of their behaviour. The school offers a supportive working environment, a strong commitment to CPD and career opportunities. We are a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion and an Investors in People organisation
Applications are welcomed for the following post:-
Higher Level Teaching Assistant Assessment Hub – KS3
Grade 5 (SCP 25-28) £23,836 - £26,317
Full time – Permanent
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will deliver a range of lessons within the Hub.
The successful applicant will;
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons, supporting learner’s educational needs, making reference to prior attainment and special educational needs.
• Deliver lessons across the age and ability range in school, challenging and inspiring learners of all abilities.
• Be able to undertake activities with either individuals or groups of learners
• Actively contribute to the implementation of the curriculum.
• Set high behaviour expectations, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through positive and productive relationships with learners.
• Have an interest in Outdoor Education.
• Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team; and carrying out roles effectively, knowing when to seek help and advice from colleagues.
• Build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, parents/carers and staff.
• Be committed to contribute to the wider life of the school.
The Link School, Sunderland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Criminal Records Bureau.
Applications to be requested from Caroline Granton email@example.com and returned to that address by e mail
Closing date: Thursday 12 December Noon
Shortlisting date: To Be Confirmed
Interviews: To Be Confirmed
This job is closed for applications.