Assessment Hub Teacher - The Link School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£24,373 - £40,490 pro rata
Schools - Teaching
The Link School
Link School, Sunderland
Headteacher: Mrs Donna Walker BSc (Hons)
Springwell Dene, Swindon Road, Sunderland SR3 4EE
Tel: 0191 561 5777
Pallion Centre, Waverley Terrace, Sunderland SR4 6TA
Tel: 0191 561 4777
Children often display inappropriate behavioural difficulties for a variety of reasons. Behavioural difficulties do not necessarily mean that a child or young person has a possible mental health problem or a special educational need (SEN). Negative experiences or distressing life events can affect mental health in a way that brings about temporary change in a person’s behaviour. A pupil that experiences frequent and persistent difficulties with behaviour, emotional and social difficulties can significantly affect their learning experience and that of their peers.
To support children and schools in Sunderland, Together for Children (TFC) have introduced assessment hubs and alternative provision that may support during an assessment process or during a young person’s current circumstances.
The Link School is recognised nationally as one of the leading schools in Alternative Provision.
It supports the diverse needs of young people in Sunderland many of whom are extremely vulnerable and challenging. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified member of staff who has the commitment to improve the academic outcomes of our young learners, as well as seeking to support them in understanding their own emotions and consequences of their behaviour. The school offers a supportive working environment, a strong commitment to CPD and career opportunities. We are a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion, and a Platinum Anti-Bullying School.
Assessment Hubs Teacher MPS UPR TLR2A – KS3
Permanent Full Time Position
Required as soon as possible
As the Assessment Hub lead, the successful applicant will raise standards and performance across the Assessment Hub and ensure a positive learning environment exists. The successful applicant will have the ability to teach to a high standard, and engage pupils who can be disengaged and sometimes challenging. You will be committed, hardworking, resilient and a strong team player. You will be required to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Key Stage 3.
The successful teacher will;
• Lead the assessment hub team to secure outstanding outcomes for pupils who are attending the hub.
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons, supporting learner’s educational needs, making reference to prior attainment and special educational needs.
• Teach across the age and ability range in school, challenging and inspiring students of all abilities.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of the curriculum.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure consistent programmes of study.
• Supervise support staff and carry out performance management as required.
• Set high behaviour expectations, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through positive and productive relationships with learners.
• Have an interest and understanding in SEND and the assessment process for SEND students.
Applications are welcome from mainstream colleagues and NQTs who are interested in a career in alternative education.
If you would like to discuss the post further or would like to arrange a visit, please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0191 561 5777
Application forms and further details are available by e mailing
Ms Caroline Granton, Director of Finance and Premises, Link School, email@example.com, to whom completed applications should be returned
The Link School, Sunderland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Link School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures
Closing date: Thursday December 12 Noon
Shortlisting date: To Be Confirmed
Interviews: to be confirmed