Community Governors - The 1590 Trust
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/12/2019 23:59
Schools - Support
The 1590 Trust is looking to recruit community governors to serve on the governing bodies of its six schools. Conyers Secondary school and Sixth form and Bader, Bewley, Kirklevington, Layfield and Levendale Primary schools.
This is a voluntary role, helping serve your local community and young people. It typically involves around 3 hours work a month, with most meetings held in the early evening at the schools.
Governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools, in three key ways:
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
• Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
• Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
We are looking for people who can bring their own experiences and skills to support and constructively challenge the running of the school. The basic requirements are:
• Consider the facts, ask suitable questions and exercise independent judgement
• Ability to work with a diverse team of fellow governors and school staff
• Champion the schools to others
• Adhere to the seven Nolan principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, leadership
• Commit to attend meetings and training as required.
To apply see our website: www.conyers.org.uk for further details please provide a letter of no more than two pages setting out your interest in the role and how you meet the person specification, supported by a CV of no more than three pages and a completed equality monitoring form. To be returned to the school, or emailed to our HR Manager, Diane Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org
An informal discussion can be arranged with either the Company Secretary or Chair of the Trust by contacting email@example.com
Interviews will be arranged in January 2020
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced DBS
The 1590 Trust
This job is closed for applications.