Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£13,287.45 - £17,546.94 per annum
Schools - Support
Level 3 - 2 x 32.5 hours fixed term contract until July 17th 2020 in the first instance
Level 2 - 1 x 30 hours hours fixed term contract until July 17th 2020 in the first instance
Pentland Primary is a supportive and caring mainstream primary school in Billingham that is proud to host an Enhanced Mainstream Provision for children with Autism and related social and communication needs. We are looking to appoint three kind, motivated and resilient teaching assistants who have experience of working with children with special education needs and have a good understanding of Autism and SEMH and the challenges associated with these needs.
What this will involve:
You will be working closely with a dedicated and experienced SEN team to provide in and out of class support for children with autism on a 1:1 or small group basis.
You will be expected to:
- work under the direction of the class teacher to deliver programmes of work and personalised interventions
- be creative in engaging pupils whilst monitoring their progress
- nurture and support pupil wellbeing
- build a positive relationship with parents
- liaise with external professionals and implement any recommendations from their reports
- liaise with class teacher, SENCO and Head of School about academic and social progress.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Level 2 Teaching assistant qualification or higher (dependent on the post applied for)
- A passion for working with children with additional needs.
- Experience of supporting children with Autism and/or SEMH.
- Positivity, reliability and enthusiasm
- Patience and persistence in supporting our pupils to become the best they can be.
- The ability to work collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
Ideally, you will also have an understanding of sensory issues, communication approaches (such as PECS and Makaton) and will have good behaviour management skills. Most importantly, you will have a passion for working with children with additional needs and be a positive and enthusiastic team player.
It is essential to have a full understanding of the importance of safeguarding in a school environment and be able to work within all safeguarding policies and procedures
For more information or to visit the school please contact Dawn Dacombe (Head of School) on 01642 559609
Application forms and job descriptions are available by email from Karen Craigie at
Pentland Primary School, Pentland Ave, Stockton-on-Tees, Billingham, TS23 2RF
Telephone: 01642 559609