Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/01/2020 23:59
Schools - Support
Archibald Primary School
Ayresome Green Lane
01642 804 101
Headteacher: Mrs A Jefferies
LUNCHTIME SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT
Contract Type: Fixed term
Working Pattern: Part time - term time
Salary: pro rata point 4. Actual salary £2,087
Hours per week: 5
Part Time 5 hours per week - to work Term Time only
The Governing Body wish to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant to supervise primary pupils over the midday break period.
We require a committed and dedicated people to join our staff
To be responsible for the care and supervision of children before and after meals, covering the full lunchtime session.
• Supervise the washing of hands of pupils
• Supervise entry/exit into/from the dining hall by the pupils
• Ensure pupils maintain high standards of behaviour, reporting any cases of misbehaviour, especially bullying, as appropriate
• Supervision of children in designated areas ensuring good conduct in behaviour in accordance with the schools behaviour policy
• Initiate games and activities where appropriate, whilst maintaining broad supervision
• Supervise children in classrooms during inclement weather
• Engage pupils in safe, enjoyable and creative activities
• To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing personal and professional development
• Role requires working as part of an effective and proactive team
• Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude
• Provide pastoral care and support to sick and injured children taking appropriate action as necessary ensuring school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents
The post holder may undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure.
Endeavour Academies is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria is met.
This job is not open to job share.
Application forms are available from the school website or the school office by contacting 01642 804101
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 January 2020
Interview Date: w/b 23 January 2020
This job is closed for applications.