Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£24,373 - £40,490
Schools - Teaching
Villa Real School
Required as soon as possible
Villa Real School is an all age Special School with pupils with SLD, PMLD and ASC.
The governors are seeking to employ an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who has knowledge of students with a high level of need.
The role includes:
• Support and implement the vision and ethos of the school.
• Play a major role in ensuring high quality education for all pupils and improvement in standard of learning and achievement.
• Take responsibility for co-ordinating ICT subject across the school.
• Take specific responsibility and accountability for the day to day management and organisation of a Secondary Key Stage.
• Take responsibility for a small class of students with severe Autism and challenging behaviour supported by a highly skilled team of staff.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who has:
• Excellent communication skills.
• A clear vision of special education and a strong desire to work in this field with a strength in severe Autism.
• An understanding of the needs of young children with high physical, medical and sensory needs including learning and behavioural difficulties.
• Experience and understanding of ICT curriculum.
• A positive approach to the management of behaviour.
• High yet realistic expectations of pupils and a commitment to meeting individual needs.
• A personable nature and the ability to work well as part of the staff team
• A desire to be involved in the full life of the school.
• Track record of Key State management in Secondary sector.
In house training in the communication systems and behaviour management techniques used in school will be provided.
This job is not open to job share.
Application form and further details are available by email and returnable to the Head Teacher. For an informal discussion about the post contact email@example.com , shortlisted candidates will be informed w/c 3.2.2020 and are encouraged to visit the school.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Application forms are available from this website and should be returned to the school.
Closing date for completed applications is 31st January 2020 at noon
Villa Real School
Tel: 01207 503651