Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/01/2020 12:00
£15,954 - £16,273
Schools - Support
Temporary Teaching Assistant
Salary: SCP 5 – 6 £15,954 - £16,273 pa, 37 hours per week, term time only (39
Required from April 2020
Vacancy reference – Add/TAmatcover/April20/JEB
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team of professionals at Adderlane Academy. This is temporary to cover the maternity leave of the present post holder.
You will perform a key role in supporting children’s learning in all its aspects. You will be required to work with targeted groups and or classes and must have a good understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes. You will be based in KS2 initially.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a relevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching Assistants qualification
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills and a good working knowledge of the revised statutory requirements in early years’ foundation stage
• Have the knowledge understanding and skills to support the EYFS team
• Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved
• Have the ethos and philosophy to build good relationships with children and parents, support daily routines in a stimulating and creative setting and help to provide rich experiences to enable our children to become effective learners
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Have experience of supporting children with a variety of learning needs
WISE Academies set high expectations for staff and students in order to meet our mission and raise standards.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070125 [option 5] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms can be returned by email (to the address above) or posted to WISE Academies Head Office, Borodin Avenue, Sunderland SR5 4NX. Please quote the vacancy reference on your application form.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 24th January 2020
This job is closed for applications.