Higher Level Teaching Assistant - The Link School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/01/2020 12:00
£23,836 - £26,317
Schools - Support
The Link School
Link School, Sunderland
Headteacher: Mrs Donna Walker BSc (Hons)
Link School Springwell Dene, Swindon Road, Sunderland SR3 4EE
Tel: 0191 561 5777
Link School Pallion, Waverley Terrace, Sunderland SR4 6TA
Tel: 0191 561 4777
The Link School is recognised nationally as one of the leading schools in Alternative Provision.
It supports the diverse needs of young people in Sunderland many of whom are extremely vulnerable and challenging. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified member of staff who has the commitment to improve the academic outcomes of our young learners, as well as seeking to support them in understanding their own emotions and consequences of their behaviour. The school offers a supportive working environment, a strong commitment to CPD and career opportunities. We are a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Grade 5 (SCP 17-22) £23,836 - £26,317 pro rata to weeks worked
Full time – Term Time plus three weeks
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will deliver a range of lessons within school.
The successful applicant will;
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons, supporting learner’s educational needs, making reference to prior attainment and special educational needs.
• Deliver lessons across the age and ability range in school, challenging and inspiring learners of all abilities.
• Be able to undertake activities with either individuals or groups of learners
• Actively contribute to the implementation of the curriculum.
• Set high behaviour expectations, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through positive and productive relationships with learners.
• Have an interest in Outdoor Education.
• Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team; and carrying out roles effectively, knowing when to seek help and advice from colleagues.
• Build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, parents/carers and staff.
• Be committed to contribute to the wider life of the school.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact the Headteacher to discuss the post further and to arrange an informal visit. Please ring 0191 561 4777 and ask for Donna Walker.
The Link School, Sunderland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Criminal Records Bureau.
Application packs for this post can be obtained from Caroline Granton, Link School Springwell Dene
Closing date: Friday 17 January 2020
Shortlisting date: To Be Confirmed
Interviews: To Be Confirmed
This job is closed for applications.