Teaching Assistant 1:1 Support
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/01/2020 12:00
£4,144 - £4,227 (£18,065 - £18,426 pa pro rata)
Schools - Support
Hasting Hill Academy
Teaching Assistant for 1: 1 support – fixed term
10 hours per week, term time only + 5 INSET days (39 weeks)
Required from January 2020
SCP 3 – 4: £4,144 - £4,227 p.a. (£18,065 - £18,426 pa pro rata)
Vacancy reference: HH/1:1TA/JAN20/EJ
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team of professionals. This post is fixed term to provide 1:1 support for a pupil within Hasting Hill Academy.
You will perform a key role in supporting the child’s learning in all its aspects. You will work directly with the pupil, prepare the resources, 1:1 curriculum delivery and work on areas of Passport to Learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a relevant Level 2 Child Care or Teaching Assistants qualification or willing to work towards
• Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training.
• Be willing to help with self-care skills if needed.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be able to use ICT to support learning
Experience in working with children with specific needs/SEN, would be desirable though not essential.
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070125 [option 5] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms can be returned by email (to the address above) or posted to WISE Academies Head Office, Borodin Avenue, Sunderland SR5 4NX.
Please quote the vacancy reference on your application form.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Northumberland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 17th January 2020
This job is closed for applications.