Early Years Nursery Assistant - Oxclose Community Nursery School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/01/2020 12:00
£17,007 - £17,391
Schools - Support
Oxclose Community Nursery School
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
School: Oxclose Community Nursery School
Address: Brancepeth Road, Oxclose, Washington, NE38 0LA
Tel: (0191) 416 6767
Headteacher: Julie Heron
Position: General Early Years Nursery Assistant
Salary: £17,007 - £17,391 Pro Rata SCP 11-13
Hours 38 per week; fixed term; term time only; as soon as possible until 31 August 2020
The Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, flexible early years practitioner to be part of the nursery school team.
The post holder will work as part of a team to provide high quality care and learning experiences for children aged birth to five, working in partnership with parents and carers. Applicants for the post must have at least an NVQ level 2 or BTec equivalent qualification in Childcare and a good understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• To ensure an early year’s environment in which children are safe, happy and supported in full filling their individual potential.
• To work as part of a team, to observe, plan and evaluate learning.
• To ensure the general health and welfare of children are met including the changing and cleaning of children who are wet or soiled.
• To undertake responsibility for a group of children during different periods of the day, including school wraparound provision.
• To work with all children aged 2 to 8.
• To maintain detailed information for record keeping systems
• To work as part f a team supporting children with complex SEND needs.
• To contribute to providing written and oral reports to a variety of audiences
• To establish and develop a good relationship with parents and carers.
• To consult with other professionals ensuring individual needs are met.
• To be flexible within the working hours of 7.30am to 5.30pm when required.
Closing Date: 17th Jan 2020
Shortlisting: 20th Jan 2020
Interviews: 27th Jan 2020
This job is closed for applications.