Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/02/2020 23:59
£24,799 - £37,849 Annually
Planning / Building Control
Work on our Local Plan is reaching a key stage and we need a suitably experienced person to help us.
As part of the Planning Policy Team in the Planning Policy, Economic Strategy and Environment Section, you will be involved in a variety of interesting and challenging tasks, focussed on progressing the Local Plan through to adoption and developing various upcoming SPDs.
The successful candidate would ideally have 3 years’ experience of planning policy work, have the ability to demonstrate good communications skills, and be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
The Council is widely recognised for its proactive approach to regeneration and promoting development and this post provides the opportunity to contribute to, and support the emerging policy framework behind future planning decisions.
In return, the rewards for working at the Council will go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
• 31 days annual leave, plus public holidays
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexi Time Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Regular health and wellbeing initiatives
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre's 'Fit 4 Life' package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact David Hand, Head of Planning Policy, Economic Strategy and Environment on 01325 406294 or David Nelson, Principal Planning Officer on 01325 406291.
This job is closed for applications.