Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/01/2020 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Laygate Community School, South Shields
Deputy Head Teacher
(Laygate Community School, South Shields)
L10 – L14
NOR: 254 (including Nursery)
Permanent – Full Time
Laygate Community School is a welcoming, vibrant and inclusive community school in South Shields committed to the development of life skills to equip all our children for tomorrow’s world. Our multi-cultural and diverse community is highly valued by our families and staff and as a school we expect everyone to actively contribute to and promote our strong positive ethos.
Due to the promotion of our previous Deputy Head, the Governors wish to appoint an ambitious and energetic professional with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice who is child centred and will support our school values.
Following a very successful Ofsted inspection in February 2018 we are seeking a committed and dedicated professional who will:
• inspire and work with the whole school team to raise standards
• lead and contribute to the school’s ethos of care and support for every child
• be committed to the safeguarding and well-being of children
• have the capacity to listen and communicate effectively with all parents, carers and the community
• be passionate about raising standards and committed to developing the potential of every child
• have proven leadership, management and strategic thinking skills at a whole school level
• demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning
If you are a dynamic and inspirational leader, with the capacity to grow and develop in the role, if you have initiative, constructive enthusiasm, a thorough knowledge of all key stages and the ambition to play a major role in the leadership and management of our school then we would love to hear from you.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email email@example.com or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Tour of the school: Friday 17 January 2020 – please contact the school to arrange.
Closing date: Noon, 24 January 2020.
Shortlisting: Wednesday 29 January 2020.
Formal Interview: Wednesday 12 February 2020.
This job is closed for applications.