Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/01/2020 12:00
MPS: £24,373 - £35,971 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Gosforth Junior High Academy, Regent Avenue, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1EE.
This school has Academy status and is part of the Gosforth Federated Academies; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Gosforth Junior High Academy
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required by September 2020.
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases. It is a richly diverse school, with ‘astute and inspirational leadership’ as described by Ofsted.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Key Stage 2 teacher. If you have the skills necessary and are passionate about developing children’s learning, these posts offer the ideal opportunity to contribute within a positive and supportive environment.
• A passion for teaching
• Excellent knowledge of best practice in teaching and learning at Key Stage 2
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• A brand-new building that Ofsted said provides ‘excellent facilities’
• Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Reduced membership of the Academy’s gym and excellent sports facilities
If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk
Closing date is 12 noon on Friday 24 January 2020.
This job is closed for applications.