Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/01/2020 23:59
£21,589 - £23,836
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
"Alexandra Park Depot, Cramlington"
This vacancy is being advertised internally in the first instance to employees and agency workers of Northumberland County Council. Where it is not possible to appoint from the existing workforce, the vacancy may subsequently be released to external candidates. If you apply for this position and are not an internal applicant by this description your application will not be processed.
NEAT Team Leader Key Duties and responsibilities: Individually or as part of a team and under the general direction of senior colleagues:
1. Direct and supervise the activities of a small NEAT team of street cleansing operatives, public convenience operatives, gardeners and grass cutters, providing clear guidance and motivating staff to achieve service objectives and quality standards.
2. Lead the provision of an efficient and effective street cleaning, public convenience, gardening and grass cutting service in an allocated area to designated standards and in accordance with predetermined schedules.
3. As necessary, drive and operate a range of specialist vehicles to provide efficient and effective logistical and operational support.
4. Complete, or ensure the completion of, all necessary paperwork to accurately record the resources used and progress of work in accordance with corporate procedures.
5. Ensure the safety of other employees and the public in relation to the work undertaken including the safe use of all plant, equipment and tools.
6. Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
7. Ensure the team completes work within the time, quality and specified service standards.
8. Ensure that work is performed in a safe and responsible manner in compliance with the relevant risk assessment.
9. Work collaboratively with team colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved and quality standards are maintained.
10. Ensure the team respond to and deal with simple problems referring more complex issues to immediate supervisor.
11. As necessary, carry out routine vehicle driver and equipment operator checks in accordance with established procedures
12. Staff will be expected to work across the frontline services within their allocated local NEAT team.
13. Undertake any responsibilities within the staff disciplinary procedure and undertake the appraisal of subordinate staff.
14. Act as cover for Senior NEAT Team Leader as required e.g. during holidays etc.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
This is a permanent, full time post. Band 5 based at Alexandra Park Depot, Cramlington
We are offering:
- A salary range of £ 21,589 - £23,836 (Band 5)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification and guidance on completing your application and information about our Equality and Diversity principles is also attached
Closing date Midnight on Wednesday 22nd January 2020
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.