Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/03/2020 23:59
£21,589 - £23,836
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY
Permanent, 37 hours
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate. For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Northumberland County Council’s Countryside and Green Spaces currently operates three teams of arborists undertaking works across the county to maintain and enhance the Council’s tree stock. The role Working predominantly in the south east of Northumberland as part of a three or four person team under the direction of a Trees and Woodlands Officer you will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of arboricultural works. Along with your fellow team members you must carry out requested works safely, efficiently and effectively, keeping clear and accurate written records.
You will be expected to work closely with staff from other Council departments and frequently come into contact with members of the public, so the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £ 21,589 (Band 5)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Opportunities for job specific training and qualifications.
- NVQ in Arboriculture minimum level 2 and extensive post qualification experience
- Driving licence to include entitlement to drive vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes towing a trailer up to 750 kg (category C1)
- NPTC arboriculture certification
– ground work, climbing and felling
- (See person specification for more)
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Leon Savage, 01670 620061 or Leon-Savage@northumberland.gov.uk for an informal discussion.
This job is closed for applications.