Teacher of Drama and Dance
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/01/2020 09:00
MPS: £24,373 - £35,971 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Gosforth Federated Academies
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required by September 2020.
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a dynamic and inspirational teacher of Dance and Drama to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach Drama through to A-level standard and Dance to GCSE. They will have the ability to inspire students with a genuine love and appreciation of the performing arts.
This is a superb opening for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled supportive environment, working closely with colleagues in other arts subjects, and with facilities including a purpose built drama studio.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for Drama and Dance
• The ability to teach Drama to A Level and Dance to GCSE
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Flexibility, resilience and a sense of humour
• Excellent communication and ICT skills.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to a popular and high-achieving department within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Pease email your application form to email@example.com or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Closing date is 9.00am on Friday 24 January 2020.
This job is closed for applications.