Teacher KS2 - Kelvin Grove Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
MPS - UPS £24,373 - £40,490
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
Kelvin Grove Primary School
Starting 20th April 2020 or as soon as possible.
The governors of our friendly, inclusive and high-achieving school are seeking to appoint a skilled and passionate Teacher to work in Key Stage 2. We are looking for a practitioner with the knowledge, drive and expertise to teach primary aged pupils and have the commitment to academic excellence and high classroom standard.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
* A solid understanding of the KS2 curriculum and ethos
* High expectations of children's learning and behaviour
* Excellent classroom practice and high expectations of children's work and behaviour
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* The ability to lead and work collaboratively as a member of a team
* Energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
* A commitment to work in close partnership with parents and carers
* A passion for curriculum innovation
We can offer you a supportive and vibrant environment in a highly multi-cultural school that is busy and lively. The staff are skilled and resilient, and everyone is strongly committed to working in partnership with parents and carers to ensure the very best provision and experience for every child. The children are enthusiastic, friendly and responsive. The school enjoyed a successful Ofsted in December 2017 during which we were graded 'Good'.
You are welcome to visit the school and can arrange this by contacting the School Business Manager, Ceiwa on 0191 477 4186. Alternatively, you can send an email to CeiwaSaukuru@gateshead.gov.uk.
Kelvin Grove Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check form the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 6th February 2020 at 12.00pm
Shortlisting: 7th February 2020
Interviews and Lesson Observations: 11th February 2020
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification to complete your application.
Online applications only at www.gateshead.gov.uk