Student Wellbeing Leader, KS3 and KS4
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/01/2020 09:00
MPS/UPS: £24,373 - £40,490 per annum + TLR 2c: £6,829 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience.
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document.
Schools - Teaching
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
This school has Academy status and you will be employed by the Board of Trustees.
Gosforth Federated Academies
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required from September 2020.
Gosforth Academy is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and versatile Leader of Student Wellbeing.
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Academy is a richly diverse and successful school that was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to lead teaching and learning effectively within the Alternative Curriculum; they will understand how to raise the aspirations of all students by removing barriers to learning (both within and beyond the school curriculum) and enabling them to reach their full potential.
What we need:
• Evidence of successful engagement / long-term interest in pastoral work
• Good record of accomplishment teaching at secondary level
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• Evidence of leadership and teamwork activities
• Ability to relate well to students in teaching and pastoral roles
• Consistently high expectations of students and yourself
• A sense of humour and adaptability
• Ability to respond consistently and professionally to challenging behaviours of all kinds.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school
• A diverse and varied school community
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• Low-cost membership to an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
If you can challenge and inspire students with diverse needs to achieve their full potential we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to email@example.com (or if you have any queries). Alternatively visit our Website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk for further information.
Closing date is 09:00am on Tuesday 28 January 2020.
This job is closed for applications.